Home learning in Early Years
In Early Years there are opportunities for home learning throughout the year.
- Take away tasks – Home Learning Opportunities provide activities linked to the learning we are doing in school.
- Sound books – These come home in the first term to help practise the phonemes we are learning at school.
- Reading books – Children have choosy books from the first day of school and soon begin differentiated reading books.
- Red words are given to children as they gain confidence with reading. These are the high frequency, ‘Stop and think’ words
- We also have class aliens that will visit every child over the school year!
We use Google Classroom to share home learning. Every child has their own account. Details of how to access this are shared by the teachers at the start of each year.