Our school behaviour plan focuses on:
- A strong emphasis on recognising and rewarding good behaviour ("Catch them being good")
- Dealing with wrong behaviour calmly, fairly and consistently across the school.
- Having a system where everyone knows where they stand
- Where we all know:
- What the rules are
- What happens when pupils follow these rules
- What happens when they choose to misbehave
We foster a caring culture based on mutual respect, co-operation and support. Inappropriate behaviours are dealt with promptly and firmly and 'stop and think' time may be given. The children are expected to have high expectations of themselves and are encouraged to work together to make Vale School a safe learning environment for all.
Our Vale rule is:
To celebrate the children's good behaviour we award them house points, stickers, raffle tickets, headteacher awards and they can achieve 'Star of the Day' for their excellent behaviour. Teachers also send postcards home to celebrate pupils achievements and behaviour.
For more information please see our behaviour policy on the Policies page.